I can help! Here’s how to make marijuana gummies at home.
- A 3-ounce sack of gelatin dessert (e.g., your favorite Jell-O)
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon of weed tincture, cannabis-infused coconut oil or cannabutter (which you can make by following my cannabutter recipe)
- ½ teaspoon of soy or sunflower lecithin (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Gummy molds
- Cooking spray
- Turkey baster or dropper (alternatively, you can cut the corner of a plastic baggie to create a makeshift piping bag)
How to Make Marijuana Gummies: The Recipe
- Pour the packet of gelatin dessert and the tablespoon of unflavored gelatin into a mixing bowl
- Dump the half-cup of hot water into the bowl and stir until everything is dissolved
- Add the tablespoon — or more, depending on your tolerance — of weed tincture, cannabutter or cannabis-infused coconut oil and the ½ teaspoon of soy or sunflower lecithin (while you don’t need lecithin, it helps bind THC to the gelatin, which ensures that your gummies are evenly dosed)
- Mix well
- Spritz your gummy molds with cooking spray
- Use your turkey baster, dropper or plastic baggie to squeeze the liquid into your molds
- Put the molds into your refrigerator for two hours (or until your gummies are solid)
- Eat one and feel great
While the use of Jell-O should already make for sweet gummies, if you have a major sweet tooth, you can use juice or soda in place of the water. You can also puree your favorite fruit and add that to the mixture (a half teaspoon of lemon juice is a useful mold inhibitor). Finally, if you need even more sweetness, you can coat your gummies in sugar once they’re firm.
For one, don’t shove all your gummies in your pocket. Your best bet is to keep them in an airtight container in your refrigerator, or if you don’t plan on eating them within two weeks, you can freeze them.
Well, enjoy your gummies! And hey, uh, can I get a few?